Benefits of working for us
We want to give our people the best culture and rewards to attract the best people to work for Liverpool City Council.
Working for Liverpool City Council has some great benefits. All of these benefits are available upon starting unless stated otherwise. For those on Fixed Term Contracts, terms and conditions apply on some benefits:
- Agile working - A “Flexibility First” approach to Agile working where flexibility is the norm rather than the exception.
- Cycle2Work Scheme - Cycle2Work allows you to buy a bike, equipment and accessories and pay it back through your pay over 12 months.
- Travel Pass Scheme - An interest free loan to purchase an annual travel pass of your choice.
- Drive Time – The scheme allows you to get behind the wheel of a new car on a salary sacrifice basis, with no deposit (must have worked for LCC for 6 months). You lease the car out of your salary, saving money on tax and national insurance.
- Discounted Lifestyles Memberships – All people working for the council are eligible for a discounted corporate membership at our lifestyles fitness centres, giving you 20% off a normal membership when you sign up to pay by Direct Debit.
- A minimum of 26 days contractual annual leave in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 after 5 years service.
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Part of the Local Government Pension scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- Purchase of Additional Leave - You can apply for between 1 and 4 weeks additional unpaid leave per year (pro rata if you don't work full time).
- A wide range of high-quality learning open to all with opportunities to train, develop and support to realise your potential.
- Employee Volunteering Scheme – Voluntary work can benefit the community and help you to gain valuable new skills and experiences. Our policy allows you to request of up to five days paid leave in any financial year to support charitable work in the community and develop their skills.
- Medicash – Signing up to Medicash and you could claim back the costs of Dental Bills, Optical Care, Alternative and Complementary Therapies, Chiropody, Health Screenings and more.
- On top of this, we also offer other benefits such as Credit Union, Local Discounts using your ID Card and Contract Parking at Council owned parking facilities.
- You can also find out about our Health and Wellbeing offering.