Listed buildings consent

In addition to planning permission, you’ll need to apply for listed building consent if your house is a listed building and either of the following apply:

  • You want to demolish a listed building
  • You want to alter or extend a listed building in a manner which would affect its character as a building of special architectural or historic interest

You may also need listed building consent for any works to separate buildings within the grounds of a listed building.

Apply for listed building consent

You can:

Make sure you include the relevant documents and plans with your application:

Is my property listed?

Enter a postcode of a Liverpool building or address to see if it's listed:


See our heritage assets for more information about conservation areas and listed buildings in the city.