Guidance for home catering

Do I need to register?

Yes.  The same laws on food safety apply to a business run from home as all other commercial premises.

You must register your food business 28 days before you begin operating. If you are already trading it is important that you register as soon as possible.  Once registered, we will arrange an inspection of your premises.

Your responsibilities

Our Home Caterers Guide provides information and advice about things you need to consider if setting up a food business from home.

Further help and advice

If you need further help, please contact us using the button below.

You will need to create an account, log in and use the 'Request' option to submit your question.

Make a food hygiene enquiry