Children and families

Child social care service

Contact us on 0151 459 2606 to:

  • Raise a concern about a child at risk (if a child is at immediate risk call 101 or 999 in an emergency).
  • Arrange an assessment of a child who is seriously ill or disabled, address the family's needs and provide support.
  • Access advice and support from other services.
  • Request SEND (special educational needs and disability) early help including short breaks, direct payments, after school and holiday provision, carer's assessments and support for sleep difficulties or any concerns about the child's development.
  • Enquire about casework, individual child cases or other issues of a sensitive nature.
  • Get in touch with a social worker or specific social work team.

You can still call us about any of the following, but you can also do them online:

If you are a professional

Please see our children's social care referral processes for professionals.