Events in Central Library
- Monday 18th to Friday 22nd February - Half term fun. Join us for a week of storytelling, magic and mayhem! See what's on.
- Saturday 23rd February - Inventors' Day. Join us at the Business and IP Centre for a celebration of invention and innovation in Liverpool. Find out more and book your free place.
- See the famous collections of rare books housed in the magnificent Hornby Library and Oak Room.
- View the impressive Picton Reading Room, one of the most beautiful libraries in the world.
- Study our unique and rare archives from the 13th century to the present day which tell Liverpool’s story.
- Visit Disabled Go for disabled access details for Central Library.
Find out about the full range of services we offer below.
What's on in Central Library?
Punk in the Picton
On until 3rd March 2019, our exhibition gives a fascinating insight into Punk's impact. A series of exciting events accompanies it from 21st February onwards.
Archives in Central Library
Our local studies collection and Search Room with books on all aspects of Liverpool's history are located in the 'Archive' area.
Discover for children
A stunning space for children to discover books with an accessible area for under 5’s. Free computers for children do school work or have fun. Storytelling and themed days take place here too.
15,000 rare books
15,000 rare books in the Hornby Library, Oak Room and Picton Reading Room.
Deli Marche Café
Enjoy the views from the terrace overlooking St John’s Gardens along with a Costa coffee, light bite or scrumptious cake.
Need to hire a meeting room?
Looking for the perfect venue for your meeting? All three of our partitioned meeting rooms are soundproof and can be configured to your specific requirements.