Events in Central Library
- Summer holiday fun: Join us at Central Library from 23rd July to 31st August for a fun packed summer of activities. There'll be music, magic, stories and adventures and plenty of clowning around. View the events schedule
- Monday 15th October at 1pm: 'Investigating Murder' with Ian Rankin and special guests as part of the 'In a House of Lies' tour. Tickets £16.76-£27.54. Book a ticket now
- See the famous collections of rare books housed in the magnificent Hornby Library and Oak Room.
- View the impressive Picton Reading Room, one of the most beautiful libraries in the world.
- Study our unique and rare archives from the 13th century to the present day which tell Liverpool’s story.
- Visit Disabled Go for disabled access details for Central Library.
Find out about the full range of services we offer below.
What's on in Central Library?
Archives in Central Library
Our local studies collection and Search Room with books on all aspects of Liverpool's history are located in the 'Archive' area.
Discover for children
A stunning space for children to discover books with an accessible area for under 5’s. Free computers for children do school work or have fun. Storytelling and themed days take place here too.
15,000 rare books
15,000 rare books in the Hornby Library, Oak Room and Picton Reading Room. For many visitors, the star attraction is a copy of John James Audubon’s ‘Birds of America’.
Deli Marche Café
Enjoy the views from the terrace overlooking St John’s Gardens along with a Costa coffee, light bite or scrumptious cake.
Need to hire a meeting room?
Looking for the perfect venue for your meeting? All three of our partitioned meeting rooms are soundproof and can be configured to your specific requirements.
- William Brown Street, L3 8EW