Lost, returned and stolen Blue Badges

How to apply for a replacement badge if you live in Liverpool and have lost your Blue Badge, and how to return a Blue Badge if you have found one or it is no longer used.

Apply for a replacement badge

Before you apply you will need to pay a non-returnable processing fee of £10.

Pay the fee

You will be given a reference number once you have made the payment. This will appear on screen when the transaction is complete and in the confirmation email from GOV.UK. It may include a number or just your name. Please make a note of this.

Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data.

Pay the £10 processing fee via GOV.UK

Submit your application

Once you have paid the £10 fee you can apply online using the form below.

To complete your application, you will need your badge number and one of the following items that prove your identity:

  • marriage, birth or adoption certificate
  • valid driving licence
  • passport
  • pension award letter
  • Tax Credit award letter or a letter from the Inland Revenue
  • DWP or DLA benefit award letter
  • National Identity Card

If your badge has been stolen you will also need a crime reference number.

Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data.

Apply for a replacement Blue Badge 

What happens next?

We aim to email you with our decision within 6-12 weeks and tell you if we've decided to replace your badge. 

If you need to speak to us about your application, please contact us and quote your reference number.

What happens if you refuse to replace my badge?

If we refuse to replace your badge, you can appeal against this decision.

What if someone uses my lost or stolen badge?

If a person is found using a badge that has been reported lost or stolen, we may prosecute them for fraud and misuse of a Blue Badge.

Found a badge or need to return one?

If you have found a Blue Badge, please post it to us at: Parking Services, Blue Badge Team, Liverpool City Council, Cunard Building, Water Street, Liverpool, L3 1DS so we can return it to its owner.

If you need to return the badge because it is no longer in use, for instance when someone dies, please post it to the address above with a letter that gives the reason for the return, along with your name, address and contact number.