School travel support
Travel pass renewal
If you have received a letter from us about renewing your child's travel pass for the next school year, you can renew online.
Before you renew
- You will need to tell us about any change in circumstances as this may affect your application. This includes change of address or changes in benefits.
- If you have changed address and/or school your application will be assessed in accordance with the most recent Home to School Transport Policy.
If your letter states you need to pay towards the travel pass, you must pay before you renew as you will need to quote your payment reference. If you do not need to pay towards your pass, go straight to step 2 to renew the travel pass.
1. Pay first
You'll be asked to select either an Arriva, Merseytravel or Trio travel pass and input the amount stated in your renewal letter.
Remember to make a note of your payment reference number.
You will need:
- Your payment reference number (if your letter states you need to pay towards the travel pass).
- A digital passport style photograph of your child (head and shoulder shot). Read the guidance on gov.uk for passport photo requirements.
- A scanned copy of your award letter as proof of benefit, if renewing on low income grounds.
You will be prompted to upload the files during the application process. The file size of uploads should not exceed 9MB in total.
You can upload images/scanned documents from your computer, tablet or mobile device. If you prefer to send them by post, you can do this after you have submitted your application. You can also take them to a One Stop Shop to complete your application.
We can only process applications once we have received all relevant documents.
Renew at a One Stop Shop
You can visit any One Stop Shop to renew your application and pay by debit card over the counter. Remember to take a passport style photograph of your child (head and shoulder shot) and your award letter if applying on low income grounds.
Need a paper form?
Remember - it’s cheaper and quicker to apply online. However, if you do need to download a paper form please use the link below.