Travel pass renewal
If you have received a letter from us about renewing your child's travel pass for the next school year, you can renew online.
School travel passes are issued for the whole of the academic year but can only be used during term time.
Before you renew
- You will need to tell us about any change in circumstances as this may affect your application. This includes change of address or changes in benefits.
- If you have changed address and/or school your application will be assessed in accordance with the most recent Home to School Transport Policy, which you can download below.
Home to School Transport Policy 2023-24
Home to school transport policy for compulsory school aged pupils up to age 16.
First published: 23/05/2022
Last updated: 11/06/2023
How to renew
If your letter states you need to pay towards the travel pass, you must pay before you renew as you will need to quote your payment reference. If you do not need to pay towards your pass, go straight to step 2 to renew the travel pass.
1. Pay first
You'll be asked to select either an Arriva, Merseytravel or Trio travel pass and input the amount stated in your renewal letter.
Remember to make a note of your payment reference number.
2. Renew online
Renew online below via the Citizen Portal - you will already have an account if you have applied for a Reception or Year 7 place.
If you don't have an account, you can register for one. Not sure how to register? See our step-by-step guide to register for a Citizen Portal account.
You will need:
- Your payment reference number (if your letter states you need to pay towards the travel pass).
- A digital passport style photograph of your child (head and shoulder shot). A photo is not required for bus only travel applications.
- A scanned copy of your 2020/21 Working Tax Credit or Universal Credit award letter if you are applying on low income grounds, and do not receive free school meals.
You will be prompted to upload the files during the application process.
You can upload images/scanned documents from your computer, tablet or mobile device. If you prefer to send them by post or email, you can do this after you have submitted your application.
We can only process applications once we have received all relevant documents.
What happens next?
Once we have received your application and the required documentation, it may take up to 30 days to process. If you have not heard from us after 30 days, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for an update, quoting your child's name and date of birth.