Guidance for restaurants, cafes, takeaways and pubs

Do I need to register?

Yes. If you are operating a restaurant, cafe, takeaway or public house you will need to register your food business with the council.

You must register 28 days before opening your food business so we have sufficient time to carry out a food inspection.

Advice and guidance

The Food Standards Agency website provides advice and guidance for businesses, including starting a food business and the registration process.

If you need further help, please contact us using the button below. You will need to create an account, log in and use the 'Request' option to submit your question.

Make a food hygiene enquiry