Personal licence training
QNUK Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (RQF)
This accredited course, regulated by the Home Office and Ofqual, is delivered by Liverpool City Council’s Licensing and Public Protection service. It is designed for designated premises supervisors in England and Wales who must gain an accredited qualification by law.
This one-day course is held in central Liverpool, starts at 9am and finishes at 4pm and includes a multiple-choice exam that takes around an hour to complete.
You will need to achieve a pass mark of 70 per cent to be awarded the course certificate.
The course covers the following:
- nature and purpose of a personal licence
- personal licence application process
- legal duties of a personal licence holder
- roles, responsibilities of licensing authorities
- licensing objectives
- strength of alcohol and effect on the body
- the law and premises licences
- the law and Temporary Event Notices
- rights and duties of a responsible person in relation to the operation of licensed premises
- the law and the protection of children
- the powers of the police and other authorities
- prohibitions and exemptions in relation to licensable activities
The course costs £99 and includes the following:
- a pre-course information pack
- examination fee
We may be able to offer a group discount so please email us before you book at email@example.com.
You may be able to access this course for free if:
- you receive Job Seekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance (Work Related Activity Group) or Universal Credit
- you receive Income Support, Housing/Council Tax Benefit, Working Tax Credit, ESA (Support Group) as this course is employment related.
- you are working but earn less than £18,135 due to current Liverpool City Region Combined Authority additional flexibility
As part of the Covid recovery response, we can also offer the course for free through the National Retraining Scheme if you are:
- aged over 24
- earning less than £35,000
- do not have a degree level qualification.
How to book
If paying the course fee
Book a place on the course using the button below and pay the fee online.
If accessing the course for free
Book a place on the course using the adult learning enrolment form and when prompted, enter the course code: LIC12021 and course title: Personal Licence.
You will need to upload proof of your benefit status or wage, such as a recently dated letter from Job Centre Plus or a pay slip, P60 or similar clear evidence stating the benefit you claim.