Update your Council Tax if you change your name

If you have recently been married, divorced or changed your name by deed poll we will need to see official proof.

Please take any of the following original documents to your nearest One Stop Shop along with your Council Tax account number.

  • marriage certificate
  • divorce absolute paperwork or letter from a solicitor
  • deed poll paperwork

If the name on your bill has been spelled incorrectly, please contact us or visit a One Stop Shop.