How to claim Universal Credit
You must apply online for Universal Credit. Watch this short video from the DWP which explains how to make your claim.
Remember, you must still claim separately for Council Tax Support and free school meals as this is not included in your Universal Credit payment.
Before you claim
You'll need to have some information ready before you claim:
- National Insurance number
- Email address
- Phone number.
- Your address
- Your landlord’s address
- Your tenancy agreement (if you have one)
- Your monthly rent.
- Your bank account details
- Details of any income or benefits you get
- Details of any savings or other income or salary