Interim Authority Notice
An Interim Authority Notice must be submitted if a holder of a premises licence dies, becomes insolvent or becomes mentally incapable. An Interim Authority Notice will allow premises to trade until the licence can be transferred.
If you're applying as an individual, you must also provide proof that you have the right to work in the UK and are not subject to a condition preventing you from doing work relating to the licensable activity - this is applicable to all individual applicants, including those born in the UK. If you do not submit your proof document or share code, we cannot process your application.
The application costs £23.00.
How to apply
- If applying as an individual, you will be prompted to upload a scanned copy or clear photograph of proof of your right to work document or share code, so please have this ready.
- On submit, your application will automatically be sent to the Licensing Authority, Merseyside Police and Home Office Immigration Enforcement.
- On submit, you will be redirected to our payment portal to make your payment.
- Download application for an Interim Authority Notice
- If applying as an individual, you will need to include a photocopy of proof of your right to work documentation or share code - do not send originals.
- You must then send a copy of your application and, if applicable, proof document or share code to the Licensing Authority, Merseyside Police and Home Office Immigration. You will find each address on page 9 of the application form.
- You can pay the transfer fee online via the link below. You can also pay over the phone by calling 233 3015.
Does tacit consent apply?
Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the target completion period, which is subject to the submission of all information required. The timescale is 20 days after receipt of a valid application.