Designated premises supervisor variation or removal
You can only apply to change the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) if you are the premises licence holder.
- If the licence is held in a company name, you must apply in the company name.
- If the licence is held by an individual, you must apply as an individual.
We will reject applications that are submitted by anyone other than the premises licence holder.
Before you apply
The proposed DPS must also complete and sign a consent form as you will need to include this with your application.
The application fee is £23.00.
How to apply
- You will be prompted to upload a scanned copy or clear photograph of the completed and signed consent form.
- On submit, your application will automatically be sent to the Licensing Authority and Merseyside Police.
- You will be directed to our payment portal to make your payment.
If the Chief Officer of Police for the area where the premises is situated believes the application would undermine the crime prevention objective, they must notify us within 14 days. We will then hold a hearing to determine this notice.
If we don’t receive any such notice, your application is automatically approved and the transfer will take effect from the date you have specified in your application, and we will send you a revised premises licence and licence summary.
Relinquishing the role of DPS
If a DPS no longer wishes to carry out that role, they can request their name is removed from the licence by downloading the form below.
Make sure you read the instructions carefully, as we cannot remove your name if you have not complied with the relevant procedures.
Send your completed request to the address stated on page 3 of the form.
There is no charge for relinquishing the role of DPS.