Coronavirus outbreak: resident parking restrictions in city centre

City centre residents can use a discounted monthly rate to use Liverpool City Council car parks. To apply, please email your details to

Coronavirus update - paying a parking fine or permit fee

Please pay online or by phone. We are unable to process cheques at the moment. If you have already sent a cheque, please be aware that the money may come out of your account later than you expect.

Apply for or renew a resident or visitor's permit

Who are they for? 

Resident's parking permits are only issued to people who live in properties in residential areas where parking has become a problem and a parking zone has been introduced. In some of these zones we also offer the option to apply for visitor's permits.

We cannot give resident's or visitor's permits to people:

  • Who own or use a building in a resident's parking zone but do not live in it all or most of the time.
  • People who live in a car-free or permit-free development.

List of streets in permit zones 

How to apply

If you are on the Council Tax and/or Electoral Register you can apply online for a resident and/or visitor permit.

Please allow 15 working days for your application to be processed.

Please note: If you live in a property which spans multiple numbers, e.g. 40-48, please just enter the first number in the 'House No' field, e.g. 40, on entering the application.

Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data.

Apply for a permit

Renew a permit

Uploading supporting documentation

You will be prompted to upload supporting documentation, e.g. proof of address. You can do this during the application or or log back in within 10 days, using the application number and PIN emailed to you. 

Log back in to add supporting documents

If we do not receive your supporting documents your application will be refused.

Alternatively, visit your local One Stop Shop.

Can a residents parking zone be set up in my area? 

While we understand residents may find is difficult to park in their street when non-residents use it to park on, we can only create new residents parking zones when external funding is secured, for example, as part of a large approved development in the area.

However, if access to your driveway is often blocked by parked cars, you may be able to apply for an ‘H’ mark to be painted on the street outside your property. Find out more about 'H' marking.