Demolition notice

If you want to demolish a building or part of a building you need to get permission first by submitting a demolition notice which you can do online below. 

You must do this six weeks before the proposed demolition date. 

We also advise you to contact Planning to check if you need planning permission before demolition work commences on site. 

How to give notice

The quickest way is to apply and pay online. The demolition notice charge is £120.

Submit a demolition notice

Or you can download, complete and return the paper application form with a cheque made payable to Liverpool City Council.

If you wish to make your payment over the phone, call 0151 233 3021, quoting your online application reference number or your name and address if you've sent a paper application.

What happens next?

Once you've submitted the notice, we will get in touch with the person carrying out the demolition and request any additional information that may be needed to satisfy the legal requirements in relation to safe working methods and public safety during the demolition period.

Once approved, you will have six months to complete the demolition work.  If work is not completed within this time, you will need to submit a new demolition notice and pay the fee.