Building control policy and standards
Our goal is to make obtaining building regulation approval for your project as easy as possible and to ensure that the work is carried out in accordance with building regulations and other standards.
The service we provide is founded on quality, impartiality and the recommendations of the national Building Control Performance Standards.
We will monitor and actively help maintain the safety of the built environment in Liverpool.
To achieve this we aim to:
- give you help and advice at design stage before you make an application.
- deal with your application quickly and efficiently.
- provide a consistent and improving level of service.
- provide an up to date technical advisory service to suit customer needs.
- carry out all inspections promptly.
- reply to emails within 24 hours and letters within 10 working days of receipt.
- respond to reports of dangerous buildings within 1 working day
- respond to reports of buildings open to access within 3 working days
- continue to ensure all our surveyors are contactable by mobile phone, SMS and email.
- liaise effectively with other agencies and partners to help ensure that the work complies with all relevant requirements.
- provide assistance to emergency services within 2 hours on a 24/7 basis using a call out rota
If we get it wrong
We aim to provide high quality services, but occasionally things can go wrong. If you are unhappy with our service, please tell us so that we can put things right.