Loneliness and feeling isolated can have a negative impact on our wellbeing and is something that can affect us all. If this is something you are experiencing, there are lots of groups and activities across Liverpool where you can meet new people and make friends.
Befriending services and wellbeing
- Offer a telephone friendship service if you are missing the joy of regular conversation.
- Also run by Age UK, is a free confidential phone service for older people to provide friendship, conversation and support 24/7.
- Offers advice to protect and improve your mental health and wellbeing.
Get involved in your community
We can all feel lonely or isolated at different times in our lives and volunteering is a great way to meet people and do something rewarding by giving back to your community, whilst making new friends.
- Parks Friends Groups
- Parks Friends Groups actively contribute to the management and upkeep of local parks and arrange activities. So if you love being outdoors this is a great way to meet people, stay active and give back.
- Liverpool Charity and Voluntary Services (LCVS)
- to find a range of volunteering opportunities across the city and register to become a volunteer. Volunteering opportunities are also available via the National Trust, NHS and charity shops.
- Faith and cultural organisations
- Churches and religious groups do amazing work in the community and welcome new volunteers to get involved. Ask what opportunities are available at your local church or faith group.
Take up a hobby or learn something new
Whether it's knitting and crochet or arts and crafts, it's never too late to learn a new skill or share your skills with people with similar interests.
- Library activities
- Search Liverpool Libraries for events and activities across the community, from coffee mornings and knitting groups to computer courses. If you would like to start your own hobby group, speak to your local library to see if they have space available.
- Adult learning
- Liverpool Adult Learning Service has a range of courses to choose from. If you're thinking of learning something new, this is a good place to start.
Find activities or groups near you
You can access a range of local community groups and organisations in your area or search for activities that you might want to try:
- A service designed to help you find activities, groups and organisations that can help you live the life you want to live.
- A directory of care and support services, activities and information in the Liverpool City Region.