Bins and recycling
Bulky Bob's - collections have restarted
To protect you and our drivers, you must leave your items for collection outside your home.
If anyone is your household has had coronavirus symptoms in the 14 days leading up to collection, please cancel your appointment.
Please be aware, waiting times may be longer than usual.
Bulky item collection - Bulky Bob's
Bulky Bob's is our free bulky item collection service for Liverpool City Council residents only.
Request a collection
Collection dates are based on when we are next in your area between 7.30am and 4.30pm.
Please read the terms and conditions before you request a collection.
How many items will you collect?
You can request up to five bulky items per individual property, up to five small electrical items and up to five bags of textiles (clothes, belts, shoes, handbags) per collection. We collect items in our distinctive purple wagon with Bulky Bob’s and Liverpool City Council logos on.
You cannot book a collection for textiles only. Bulky Bob's will only collect bags of textiles alongside your booked collection. Just bag them up and give them to the driver.
Where to leave your items
You must leave items outside the home on your collection day. We will only collect items from inside in exceptional circumstances at this time.
Please make sure all items are clear of any hazards that could harm or injure our staff.
Items we collect
- Fridges and freezers (American style fridge freezers must be left outside).
- Cookers and microwaves.
- Dishwashers, washing machines and tumble dryers.
- Carpets and underlay (volume uplifted per collection is discretionary).
- Wardrobes, chest of drawers, tables and chairs.
- Display cabinets and coffee tables (if containing glass, it must be secured and not broken).
- Dining room tables and chairs and dining room furniture (free standing).
- Sofas and armchairs.
- Televisions, videos and TV cabinets.
- Internal doors.
- Vacuum cleaners.
- Bed frames and mattresses.
- Bikes and exercise equipment.
- Computers, monitors and printers (classed as one item).
- Cots, prams and high chairs.
- Garden furniture.
- Small electrical items (hairdryer, straighteners, toaster, kettle etc.)
- Textiles (clothes, belts, handbags, shoes).
We collect all white goods and electrical items, working or not, but if you tell us an item is working it means we can test it and give it away to a local family in need.
Items we do not collect
- Glass items where the glass is damaged or hasn't been secured.
- Builders waste, garden waste or domestic waste.
- Fixtures and fittings (external doors and windows etc.).
- House clearances.
- Fabrics or bags of miscellaneous items.
- Liquids, hazardous waste or gas cylinders.
- Sun beds.
- Toys and pianos.
You can dispose of items we do not collect at Otterspool or Old Swan Household Waste Recycling Centres.
What happens to the bulky items you collect?
We reuse and recycle goods to help reduce the pressure on landfill sites.
We also sell good quality ‘pre-loved’ furniture to low income families in Liverpool through:Bulky Bob's Furniture World Store
127 -137 London Road
Phone: 0151 207 2148
Changing or cancelling a bulky item collection
If you wish to amend or cancel your collection, please click on the link in the confirmation email we sent you at the time of booking to amend or cancel your booking online.
However, if your collection is due within 24 hours you will need to call us to change or cancel your booking.