The Equality Act 2010 introduced a general public sector equality duty which requires public bodies to have due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
The duty is supported by specific duties which require public bodies to publish equality data.
The equality data set out in this section brings together local and national data sources and these can be used to inform work towards promoting equality and eliminating discrimination. For more detailed local reports and useful links, please go to our equality information page.
- Population by gender 2002 to 2015 in Liverpool, Core Cities and LCR local authorities
- Population by gender and age in Liverpool, Core Cities and LCR local authorities (2016)
- Population projections 2017 to 2039
- Population by ethnic group (2011)
- Population by religion or belief (2011)
- Employment rates by ethnicity 2015 and 2016
- Job Seeker Allowance claimants by ethnicity 2015 and 2016
Education and qualifications
- GCSE results by ethnicity (2015)
- GCSE results by English as First Language (2015)
- Primary, secondary and special schools by ethnicity, Free School Meals, English as an Additional Language and SEN (2011 to 2016)
- National apprenticeship data by ethnicity (2011 to 2016)
- Highest qualification attained by ethnicity (2011)
- UK 16 to 24 year olds Not in Education, Employment or Training, by ethnicity 2015 and 2016
- General health recorded in the 2011 Census by ethnicity and gender
- Long term health problem recorded in the 2011 Census
- Provision of unpaid care recorded in the 2011 Census
Complaints and feedback
- Liverpool City Council’s 'Have Your Say' comments by age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion/belief and sexual orientation (2015 to 2016)
Please email IntelAnalytics@liverpool.gov.uk if if you have any suggestions, comments or questions. We would especially like to hear how you are using the data, or if there are any datasets you would like us to add.
Users are encouraged to use and re-use the information provided under the UK Open Government Licence.