Scaffold and hoarding licence

Do I need a licence?

A licence is required to erect a scaffold or other structure on the highway (inclusive of grass verges and footpaths).

Read requirements before you apply.

How to apply

Please call 0151 233 3001 to request a licence and to pay the appropriate fee.


Fees vary from domestic to commercial works. A £50 admin fee is payable for these licences. For container/welfare units the fee is £150 plus £50 admin fee per month or part month.